As a Professional/Therapeutic Cuddler, I:
- Acknowledge the inherent worth and individuality of clients by not discriminating solely on the basis of gender, religion, nationality, race, disability, sexual preference, sexual orientation, body size, and age (above the age of consent).
- Make verbal and written statements that are true and accurate about what I offer as a cuddler, and about the cuddling profession.
- Accurately identify my qualifications, expertise, experience, training, certifications, and credentials.
- Acknowledge the confidential nature of the client relationship and respect each client’s right to privacy within the constraints of the law.
- Maintain, store, and dispose of any records related to cuddling in a way that respects confidentiality, security, and privacy.
- Obey and uphold relevant laws in my business.
- Before sessions I will make clear to the client any fees that I will charge for my service.
- I will refrain from selling any product or other service to the client during sessions.
- Ensure that clients understand the platonic nature of the service before working with them.
- Agree not to pursue sexual arousal, or sexual interaction with my client within or outside of sessions.
- Model the communication of personal boundaries and what I find comfortable throughout each session.
- Refrain from any use of any substance that would prevent me from being fully present and mindful during a session.
- Make the physical and mental well-being of each client a primary consideration in all decisions and interactions.
- Practice respectful personal hygiene.
- Disclose any illness or conditions that may be contagious before interacting with clients in person.
- Interact with clients within the limits of my competence. To the best of my ability, recognize when clients require care that is beyond my capability to provide, and attempt to refer clients to appropriate health care professionals when necessary.
Professional Cuddling: A service using consent based concepts to create a customized platonic experience in exchange for compensation.
Professional Cuddler: An individual who provides Professional Cuddling.
Client: A person receiving Professional Cuddling.
Platonic: Interaction that is free from intentionally arousing or engaging in sexual activity for all parties. Platonic specifically excludes but is not limited to nudity, genital stimulation, exchange of bodily fluids including saliva, and touch of hands on any area commonly covered by undergarments.
Samantha Hess, Cuddle Up to Me
Madelon Guizanno, Cuddlist
Kitty Mansfield, Cuddle Professionals International
Lisa Meece, Holding Space, LLC
Maryelen Reid, Capcuddlers, Canadian Association of Professional Cuddlers
Keeley Shoup, Cuddlist
Janet Trevino, ReTouch
Samantha Varnerin, Snuggle with Sam
Fei Wyatt, Cuddle Sanctuary